Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Banjo Basics Reply To: Banjo Basics

jmckay
Participant

Ok, I don’t consider myself to be a beginner player, but I didn’t think would hurt to go over some basics. I’d like to get better at playing, but find myself constrained by demands being made on my time. I do try to set aside some practice time nearly every day, but often it’s at the end of the day when my brain is feeling fried. I know that I’ll begin to see improvement once I start to practice more, but is there anything that I should do to get the most out of the short time that I have to practice. A second thing is that I find myself to be tied too much to tablature. I have a terrible memory, and have always found it challenging to memorize things, but I thought that playing music is less about memorizing and more about being able to follow the music, which is another skill that I need to develop better. I figured I’d give this way of learning a shot, since Mike seems to be a good teacher. I have had a local teacher before, but he’s gotten busy and is less available then he used to be.

Thanks,

-Jim

Shopping Cart