Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Angeline The Baker Intermediate Banjo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Angeline The Baker Intermediate Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

William McCreight
      Participant

With regard to the pinky on the 7th fret of the third string starting in measure 27: I have rather small hands and don’t know that I’ll ever be able to make that stretch. Instead of trying to stick the landing with a long leap, what is the downside of just playing the open 1st string instead of 3rd string at 7th fret?

Mike
        Keymaster

Thanks for the question. You could certainly try playing the open first string.

Only downside is it would make the right hand picking pattern a little trickier. That’s why I didn’t write it that way.

You’d have two notes in a row on the first string if you used the open first string in 27.

But I’m sure with some practice you could figure out a picking pattern that would work for that. You could try bringing your thumb of your right hand up to play the open first string. Then keep the rest of the right hand fingering as written.

It’s totally fine to make adjustments to the tab though to fit your particular needs!

Let me know if that helps.

– Mike

William McCreight
      Participant

Thanks for the prompt reply, Mike!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart