Home Forums Banjo Scruggs Style What Scruggs Songs Are You Currently Working On?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

I’m currently working on Groundspeed and Home Sweet Home. I always come back to these two tunes and try to improve them.

Anonymous

Right now I’m playing “Boil ’em Cabbage Down” Mike Hedding arrangement and working on “Pick Along” arrangement from the Earl Scruggs and the 5-string Banjo book.

Dee Bays
      Participant

I am working on Blackberry Blossom and the new lesson Man of Constant sorrow (up the neck:) My fingers seem to have a mind of their own……I play each segment very slowly until I get it down, then try to speed things up. Repeat, repeat, repeat!

tophatbanjo
      Participant

Hello! I’m Wayne, the Top Hat Banjo guy, I just joined. I’m working on ‘Shucking the Corn’ from Earl’s book. It’s not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

L Yates
      Participant

Is it wrong to be working on multiple songs at once? I hope not because I am working on Banjo in the Hollow(3 different versions), Cripple Creek, Shady Grove, Foggy Mountain Breakdown, Will the the Circle be unbroken, Devils Dream…etc you get the idea. I try them slow then try to speed up. I use little from Mike Hedding, Eli Gilbert, Geoff Hohwald, Murphy Henry, Jim Pankey, and Littlerock Banjo.I have been at this for about six months and I really enjoy it!

Mike
        Keymaster

I personally like working on multiple songs at once but everyone is different.

I always tell students just follow what seems fun to you.

If hyper focusing on one tune is keep you focused keep doing that.

If you’re getting bored playing the same tune over and over switch it up and work on something else.

I find I focus better when I work on multiple tunes at once.

– Mike

SEAN MC MANUS
      Participant

Just a Rookie…plodding my way around…avn a looksee.!
      Nice to meet ye.!!

Don Justice
      Participant

Red river valley

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart