Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion London Bridge Beginner Banjo

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson London Bridge Beginner Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Jon
      Participant

This is a great lesson, and I would like to see more lessons regarding this subject. I know I make the mistake of trying to fit rolls around a melody, rather than trying to play rolls with the melody implied. It’s very counter-intuitive, and I need to do a lot more work incorporating the ideas here. After your years of playing, do you have the ability to do this on the fly, or do you have to pre-plan it to make it happen?

Thomas Hejza
      Participant

I agree with Jon’s comments above. I’ve been playing for nearly 3 years now and this lesson covers the greatest obstacle I’ve met with my banjo so far. It really opened my understanding to converting a song to bluegrass and the Scruggs style! And it also gave me some new ideas for playing backup. I had the same question whether you can do this “on the fly” and also in the backup section when you merely strum, why did you not finger the third fret on the first string when strumming the D chord? Am I missing something here? Overall, this is one of the finest lessons I’ve seen anywhere!

Thomas Hejza
      Participant

Correct the above question to why didn’t you finger the 4th fret on the first string when strumming the D chord….

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart