Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Mastering The Alternating-Thumb Roll Beginner Banjo

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Mastering The Alternating-Thumb Roll Beginner Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Michael Edwards
      Participant

I have found it helpful to practice these with a metronome, 80-90 BPMs to start. I’m up to 144 for most of them. @Mike what’s a good BPM to shoot for? If there is one…

Mike
        Keymaster

It’s going to depend on whether or not you’ve got a click on every beat or every other beat.

If you’ve got a click on every beat, 180-200 BPM would be a good goal to get to.

If you’ve got a click on every other beat (like my practice tracks) cut that number in half, so 90-100 BPM.

It’s much more important to be able to play with control and good rhythm and tone though than to be able to play fast.

– Mike

Theresa Dilworth
      Participant

Can you include tabs for printing, particularly on the beginner banjo lessons? A couple of them have printable tabs, but most don’t. It’s time-consuming to go through each video and hand write down the tabs. I need the tabs to practice after watching the video. Thank you.

Theresa Dilworth
      Participant

Apologies, I see the printable tabs now. I wasn’t scrolling down far enough.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart