Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Will The Circle Be Unbroken Beginner Banjo

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Will The Circle Be Unbroken Beginner Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Jon
      Participant

Hi Mike,

I’ve been working on taking simple tunes and “banjoizing” them. After taking a hack on this one, I took a look at how you did it.

I’m always curious as to why you mix up playing the 5th string first or the 1st string first, such as in measure 14 on the alternate beats. Is there a reason for this, like you’re maybe setting yourself for measure 15?

Jon Klingler

Richard Hamel
      Participant

Hi Mike,

I’ve been working on the beginner tab for Will the Circle… and listening to your three versions of the song, and I’m wondering if I’m missing some of the tab. It doesn’t quite sound like what I’m hearing.

Also, is this same version included in your ebook?

Thanks,
      Richard

PS – I’m also having some difficulty consistently getting a clear c chord with my middle finger. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
      Richard

Mike
        Keymaster

Which part doesn’t sound the same to you? Are you sure you’re listening to the same version as the tab you’re looking at since there’s multiple versions of this song?

The tab is just for the lead part for this song.

Is your nail on your middle finger long? If your nail is too long, it will make doing that C chord very difficult.

If not, it’s most likely just the angle of your hand. I’d recommend starting the C with just your first and third finger and once you get that sounding clear try adding your second finger without changing the position of your hand.

– Mike

Richard Hamel
      Participant

Hi Mike,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I like your suggestion for the c chord. When you say the tab is just for the lead of the song, doesn’t the lesson provide the tab for the entire song? If so, is it possible to get the tab for the whole song?

Thanks,
      Richard

Mike
        Keymaster

Sorry I don’t have the backup part I played tabbed out as that’s almost never played the same way twice.

I break down the techniques I used to play backup in the backup video that’s included with the lesson.

I break down how to play the solo which has the tab in the other videos.

Best,
        Mike

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart