Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Yankee Doodle Beginner Banjo

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Yankee Doodle Beginner Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Avatar of atkinson000atkinson000
      Participant

dumb question, but when I look at the tab, what does the circled number mean? The one under the letter than indicates what right hand finger to use.

and for the tab with the blue grass style solo, what does the red box mean?

Participant

dumb question, but when I look at the tab, what does the circled number mean? The one under the letter than indicates what right hand finger to use.

what does it mean when there is a period after the number that indicates what fret to use?

and for the tab with the blue grass style solo, what does the red box mean?

is there a single place I can go to on this site just on reading tabs?

Thanks

davidfroehling
      Participant

Hi Mike. I really enjoyed this lesson. Thanks for including and highlighting the melody notes.

davidfroehling
      Participant

The circled number indicates the recommended left hand finger to use. The period in the tab indicates to hold the note 1 and ½ times the usual length (so a half note would be 3 beats, instead of 2). The red boxes help to highlight the melody of the song (amongst the rolls). I hope that helps.

Participant

thanks @david

Mike
        Keymaster

Yes! David answered exactly how I would. Thanks David.

– Mike

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart