Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Avoid These Common Beginner Banjo Mistakes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Avoid These Common Beginner Banjo Mistakes. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Danny Fisher
      Participant

Rule number 7 should be number 1! At least in my opinion. I after taking lessons, off and on, for three years from an instructor who is an accomplished entertainer my foundation is not very solid. I have learned is a few songs that I don’t play very well and a few more off of the internet with similar success.
      With that being said I am going start with Mike’s basics and hopefully build a stronger foundation to play on.
      I am 74 years old and I truly believe that playing my banjo has helped me in so many ways. Stay tuned hopefully there is more to come!

Nanci Dobson
      Participant

Hello Mike,
      I enjoy your videos. You give lots of great info. In this video there are two areas that need improvement, the background and sound quality. The white concrete block background looks like a school or prison. A plain dark colored blanket (or some other type of material) in the background would enhance the visual appeal and may also help dampen the echo sound in the video. Thank you for all work you’re doing to help beginner musicians.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart