Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Boil Them Cabbage Down (Basic) Beginner Banjo

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Boil Them Cabbage Down (Basic) Beginner Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

davidkerr
      Participant

In the video you mention there 6 variations. There is one tab for first variation. (At least that is what prints). Do you have the other 5? Thanks
      David

Mike
        Keymaster

Yes, this (Basic) version is the just the first variation to get you started.

If you want to check out the full lesson you can do so here:

Boil Them Cabbage Down Beginner Banjo

If you have any other questions let me know. Thanks.

-Mike

James Gemlo
      Participant

Mike, you should put this on that page. I too was confused by this.

Michael Shea
      Participant

It’s nice to learn a song. I had great fun learning and playing Boil Them Cabbage Down (Basic) the past couple of weeks. I’m a beginner and this lesson suits me well. I’m trying to build a foundation with rolls and left-handed ornaments. I’ll continue with those exercises. But! It was fun playing along with the backing track this simple song. Thank you for this lesson.

Avatar of rangermanTimothy Crockett
      Participant

Mike, I just want to say thanks for putting this site together and for taking the time to put these lessons together. The measure-by-measure breakdown with the image of the tab is truly helpful. I bought my first Banjo on January 1st (my very first instrument) on the first and what a time it has been. I am journaling this journey and calling it My Journey to Two Thousand Hours.

This lesson is within reach and look forward to “nailing” so I can move on to bigger and better things. Look forward to more lessons and discussions with you.

Mike
        Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words Tim!

You can feel free to jump around to different lessons even if you haven’t completely mastered this one yet.

Personal preference for each student but I like to jump around to lots of different things to keep it interesting.

Some students love to focus on one tune and just keep playing it until they’ve mastered it.

If you run into any other questions just let me know. Keep pickin’.

– Mike

Bob Maddox
      Participant

I am a new member and am enjoying the site. I am not a complete beginner on the banjo. In fact, I have been playing for several years now. However, my playing leaves a lot to be desired. Therefore, I am restarting at the basics to improve my playing techniques.

I too was looking for the other five variations of boil them cabbage down and was confused as to where they were located. I never would have found them if I hadn’t looked at the lesson discussion on this topic. I agree with one of the previous comments about making all six versions available on the initial lesson screen. I think it would help all of your students interested in this lesson.

As a new member, I am especially excited about improving my backup playing. I think it is actually harder than playing the lead solos (I wonder if you agree).

Thank you for all your time and effort you have put in providing all of the great lessons.

One of your new students,
      Bob Maddox

Tony Marshall
      Participant

Yes this was very confusing. I kept looking for the additional versions beyond the first lesson and it was no where to be found.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart