Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Clinch Mountain Backstep Beginner Banjo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Clinch Mountain Backstep Beginner Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Charles Rickard
      Participant

Hi. I am really struggling with the timing of measures 16-19 (and when they occur later in the song). I’m OK until then. I’ve slowed it down to listen but I can’t get the timing right. Any suggestions?
      Rick

Michael Natal
      Participant

Hi Mike – I wanted to get your thoughts on tweaking the fingering in your tab for this one. In beat 4 of measure 2 (and similar places throughout), what about sliding the left hand up the neck and using finger 3 instead of 1? That way, the left hand progresses up the neck and in place to get fingers 1 and 3 ready for measure 3. Right now, I’m playing the song slowly, so if you think this alternate fingering won’t work when playing the song fast, let me know. Thanks, Michael

Mike
        Keymaster

Yes, that would definitely work as well as an alternate left hand fingering option. You have to make the transition at some point back down-the-neck to play measure 3.

What I’d recommend is try it a few different ways and see what you like best.

– Mike

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart