Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Intro To Melodic Banjo E-Book

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Intro To Melodic Banjo E-Book. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Robert Ainsworth
      Participant

Where are the videos? The e-book cover mentions them and there is a link on the web page but no videos.

Mike
        Keymaster

You can see all the songs played here for reference:
        Intro To Melodic Banjo Video Playlist

Or you can search for any of the particular songs on my site if you want the video walk through of any of the songs.

If you have any more questions let me know.

Best,
        Mike

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Mike.
      Tony Wilder
      Participant

I am very grateful for the video link above.
      Thank you.
      But the song Arkansas Traveler is not included.
      Can anyone clarify the left-hand on measures 7-9?
      I am not seeing the thumb used at all here. But the tab says that it is for 11 and 12 frets on 5th string.
      I am managing to play the same notes. But I am using my 3rd and 4th fingers of my left hand to fret the 5th string.
      Any comments here?

Thank you

Tony Wilder

Mike
        Keymaster

Tony,

Thanks for the question.

I haven’t recorded a video for this lesson yet but I likely will at some point.

Sure, it’s totally fine to use your third and fourth finger to fret the 5th string if that feels easier.

I like to use my thumb a lot of times to fret the 5th string because I have a slightly wider neck on my banjo and it’s a little easier for me.

But it’s personal preference so feel free to do whatever is most comfortable for your hand.

– Mike

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart