Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Intro To Melodic Banjo (Key Of D)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for Intro To Melodic Banjo (Key Of D) lesson. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Frank Petras
      Participant

Mike … I really like your playing and teaching style. Good stuff. I’m a guitar player spending more time with my banjo since “real job” retirement. I have a question about tuning 5th string to A in the key of D. I was watching Ashley Campbell play Gentle on my mind with Carl Jackson and I’m sure her banjo 5th is tuned up to A. It gives a nice dissonance in the Em chord, as well as a few good licks in D. She is actually in the key of E (capo 2 in D). And … where could I find a lead arrangement similar to that? I’ve sort of figured something out, but just wondering if you had it worked up and would share. I’m not necessarily looking for a freebie. If not, no big deal, I’m almost satisfied with what I’ve done.

So a basic question is when would you tune the 5th string up in key of D? I have not yet seen it discussed. Maybe I haven’t got there yet. Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart