Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Just A Closer Walk With Thee Beginner Banjo

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Just A Closer Walk With Thee Beginner Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Dilan Jeffcoat
      Participant

I’m learning the bluegrass version of, Just A Closer Walk With Thee, and I don’t know when to start singing with it. I was hoping you sung while you played, but I don’t see that option anywhere. How can I learn when to sing with the bluegrass version? And if I’m singing the full song, do I just start the measures all the way over when continuing with the rest of the song?

Mike
      Keymaster

I’m going to do a detailed backup lesson for this song in the future that will include singing.

But if you want to sing and loop the bluegrass version, you would just play measures 17-32 over and over. You’d skip measure 16 which is the pickup to the song.

If you have any other questions let me know.

-Mike

Bill Flottmann
      Participant

CAN I GET THE TAB FOR THE BACKUP VERSION?

Mike
        Keymaster

Sorry I don’t have a tab for the exact backup I played cause it wouldn’t ever be played the same way twice.

I go over a bunch of the techniques I used in the backup video though.

Did you check that out?

Which part is giving you trouble?

Mike

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart