Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Pretty Polly Beginner Banjo

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Pretty Polly Beginner Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Avatar of kaceysmith2Kaceysmith2
      Participant

Love modal. Any more you add would be greatly appreciated. Couldn’t stop playing it.

Mike
        Keymaster

I’m working on another song in this style: Wild Bill Jones. Stay tuned!

Brian.Hamilton
      Participant

Mike, I am working on the backup for pretty polly but I have two issues. One, you go way too fast for me and B, I can’t follow (see) your fingers on the rolls. Do you have any tabs just for backup? Sorry, old age is catching up with me!

Mike
        Keymaster

Brian,

You can click the “gear” icon on the video to slow the video down if it’s moving too fast for you.

Otherwise you can let me know the timestamp of the roll/lick you’re having trouble with and I can take a look and help out.

In the future, I can do a more detailed backup lesson for this song. Thanks.

– Mike

Avatar of the-bishopRaymond Lawrence
      Participant

Mike, your teaching is very clear. I am a relatively new player (gives what I did every day of Covid?? I ordered the lesson and have gotten most of the song. Any chance you can post a play along track this week with you playing the song melody through out the entire song and not just the first 1/4th of the song. Either at 120BPM or on YouTube so I can slow down. Right now I still need you as a guide since I don’t read tab and am a newbie. Again its coming along great but the 120 BPM track koi shared fades out your banjo after about 30 seconds and I need to play the entire song with you about 50 times. Also, do you have Down the Road, Wild Bill Jones, Forever Aint No Trouble Now, The Darkest House and Come To Jesus (Mindy Smith version) ? Happy to buy all of them form you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart