Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Up-The-Neck Scruggs Backup Lick #2 Intermediate Banjo

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Up-The-Neck Scruggs Backup Lick #2 Intermediate Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Robert Bartsch
      Participant

Mike,

Okay, not being shy. I’ve been working on this lesson and the up the neck Scruggs beginning one. Also, I’m confused about the 1st and 2nd string exercises and pentatonic scales which seem to be pretty closely related but not exactly. Could you explain the connections or lack therof? And, most of all I can’t for the life of me figure how to put the Scruggs back up licks into a song. Maybe you could do a lesson on how to take these licks and put them into a song. The practice tracks just don’t do it for me.

Mike
        Keymaster

Sorry for the delay in response.

These licks work out of the barre chord shape and the 1st and 2nd string exercises are more of a harmonized scale playing two notes at once.

The positions do look similar but in this case we’re playing different ideas so they’re not really related.

What song have you tried to play the licks in?

I’d recommend a slow song like Banks of the Ohio to start.

But yes, I can do a future lesson on that thanks.

– Mike

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart