Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Will The Circle Be Unbroken Intermediate Banjo

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Will The Circle Be Unbroken Intermediate Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Tom G.
      Participant

I am having the hardest time with measure 31 and it’s because of the second time you hit the 5th string. It just doesn’t sound right to me, so I’m not going to play it. And not you, or anybody on this planet, is going to make me play it! There, I said it! Am I wrong? Does that throw off timing?

Mike
      Keymaster

All my arrangements must be played exactly as I wrote them!

Totally kidding of course.

Yes, the 5th string might sound a little dissonant if you play it too loud in measure 31.

You could totally leave it out if you want as long as you keep the timing the same it will work out correctly.

I’m glad you’re making the arrangement your own and building up the confidence to take out the parts that you don’t like. That means you’re building your own style as a player which is excellent. Keep it up!

– Mike

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Mike.
      Michael McCachen
      Participant

Hi Mike: I just wanted to say I am really enjoying working through this lesson. I have finally got it in my head and playing by memory. Now it’s just getting all the timing right (measure 21!). After many woes I picked up the reverse forward roll when shining up the joy to the World lesson. It’s a great little lick I don’t see that often elsewhere and works so well in this song and many others. Thanks for the great arrangement. Best, Mike.

Mike
      Keymaster

Yes I remember recording this lesson I had issues with the timing of measure 21 as well. It doesn’t translate great to tab.

Yes I use the reverse forward roll all the time. Any time I want to play melodies on the 1st string it’s one of my go-to’s.

– Mike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart