Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Are You Washed In The Blood Beginner Banjo

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Are You Washed In The Blood Beginner Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

Jon
      Participant

I assume that measure 26 should be marked as a G chord, although it’s not shown in the tab. It would then match the chord layout of the verse.

Mike
        Keymaster

That was a test of course….and you passed!

Just kidding, thanks for catching my typo. Yes you’re right.

I’ve updated the tab and download so it’s correct!

-Mike

Participant

Mike,
      Thanks for cranking out great gospel pieces. Love these songs. Bless you brother. Keep them coming please.

Participant

I second that motion! Would love to see more gospel songs if at all possible.

Thank you!

Mike
        Keymaster

Stay tuned. I’ve got a few more in the works that I’ll be releasing soon. – Mike

Participant

Thank you Mike for being to responsive!

Roy M
      Participant

At the end of the chorus you said you would write down the tab for the backup. I could not find. Am I missing something?

Mike
        Keymaster

There’s a backup lesson for this tune you can check out. I don’t normally tab out the backup parts as I’d rarely if ever play it the same way twice.

I don’t remember saying I tabbed out a backup part but if I misspoke I apologize.

Check out the backup video part of the lesson and if you have any questions let me know and I’ll assist if I can.

– Mike

Participant

Been working on this one. Love this tune and your arrangement!

Question: Is this one of those tunes where the Chorus is basically the exact same melody as the Verse? Just curious, because when I play them they sound very similar.

Thanks!

Michael Edwards
      Participant

Mike, first time playing with a capo… Do you have any tips on how to maneuver around it? my thumb keeps running into the darn thing when doing the slides! I am using a Kyser banjo capo. Is there maybe another style that you suggest that isn’t as intrusive? I didn’t have a spike on my 8th fret so I tuned down half a step and used the 9th fret spike.

Thanks!
      Michael

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart