Home Forums Banjo Banjo Lesson Discussion Little Maggie Beginner Banjo

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Keymaster

This is the discussion topic for the lesson Little Maggie Beginner Banjo. Please leave your comments or any questions you might have about the lesson here!

David Carlstedt
      Participant

Hi

Lovin the videos all the way from Sweden. One thing that would be really helpful is tabbed backup parts for the songs. Since you are likely to mostly play backup with others a few variations of tabbed backup would help a lot for a beginner.

Cheers!
      /David

Mike
        Keymaster

Sure. I can do a detailed backup lesson for Little Maggie in the future.

I’ve done some other songs you can check them out here:
        https://mikeheddingmusic.com/browse-lessons/?fwp_lesson_instrument=banjo&fwp_lesson_tags=backup

Normally, I don’t do tabbed out backup lessons for the regular lessons because backup is rarely if ever played the same way twice. So I usually give general techniques you can apply to the song.

But I have done some backup lessons with tabs and I can certainly add that song to the list.

– Mike

David Carlstedt
      Participant

Thank you. Content is top notch. I’ll dive deeper in the beginner lessons and will probably find what I’m looking for there

John Wilson
      Participant

Hi Mike,

Joining you from the UK. I’m a pretty good guitarist but its back to primary school (kindergarten) as far as the banjo is concerned! I really like what you’ve provided here and appreciate the time and effort that must have gone into it. One request – would it be possible to put up the guitar backing tracks without the banjo but with the count-in (1-2-3-4)? It would be great to be able to play along to the isolated guitar once I’ve got the hang of the banjo parts.

John.

Participant

Hello, I just bought the Little Maggie song. You say there is 2 solos. The only song I got is the down the neck solo.
      Do I have to by the second solo or is it suppose to be part of the one I bought?

Thanks, Mark

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart